Friday, May 02, 2008

Professor Charlotte Goodluck's Retirement at The Inn

The Dept of Sociology and Social Work is having a retirement reception for me at The Inn...I invited many people from the university and other community friends. This is a big day for me. I have been with NAU for 21 years! I can't believe it actually. Thank you NAU for hiring me in 1987 and for letting me work for you. Thank you to all the students whom I had the pleasure of teaching and learning from....Thank you to all the faculty whom I have interacted with on all the committees etc.... Special thanks to the Social Work Program for all that you have done for me over the years and the many life long friendships I will have. I love you all! May We All Walk in Beauty. My dear cousin, bj came as a surprise...she said a prayer in Navajo and it was so beautiful...Lots of people attended this event (UU, Demo, Friends, Dept)...then we went to b house for dinner and stayed up until 1:30 AM--what a time I had...thank you everyone...