Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Surrrounded by Big Boxes & Small Boxes & tiny boxes; ok you got the idea

Yesterday the movers arrived like clockwork...just 3 hours late; no big deal so that gave me enough time to look at my apartment and conduct the "checklist of errors" before I move in....you know me...I had to attach a 6 page handwritten comment section about every detail I could possible see...so they will not get one cent of my down payment (sounds like a car)..deposit...oh well, just 3 serious corrections need to be made...THEN THE BOXES ARRIVED. Whew....it was really hard watching them unload my 30+ boxes and at my office about 25+ boxes...so now for the unpacking....OF IT ALL....after they finished the unloading I attended my first BASW orientation meeting with 2/3rds of the students, faculty, and Jr who has been the director of the program so far...It was really nice to actually see them and everyone was very gracious and welcoming to me...very diverse students; so motivated and WANT TO CHANGE THE WORLD. Heavens knows we need that...so, it makes me feel very humble and I hope I can live up to their expectations...me too. 17 days until I official start at PSU so it is me and the BOXES for awhile...d,l,h so kind to let me stay with them....I know it is hard on everyone especially this time of year...so more later.............