Sunday, June 22, 2008

My New PSU Office---Alarms Going Off

Went to UU by the streetcar and two women (who I had met earlier in the week) welcomed me and I sat with them at UU...then I walked downtown to THE MALL...somethings never change...then I decided to go to my new office start the UNPACKING OF THOUSANDS OF BOXES. (Actually not that many!). Got into the building and my new office and was happy that my new keys worked...started to look around and of course turn on my computer...not sure if this one is the one but probalbly so...anyway, basically minding my own business---or I thought...no one here. Then I heard a noise and quickly turned around...TWO PSU officers were standing at my door. Apparently, I had not turned off the social work alarm and motion indicators...so, ---they were very nice and I explained who I was and they saw all my boxes...they did ask to see my new PSU id....so...I am suppose to call them when I leave so they can turn the alarm back on...so...I was officially welcomed! It made me certainly feel safe and now I know what I am suppose to do even though I don't know how to do it... My new office has two windows, the ceiling has three holes in it with the pipes showing through...hopefully they will get this fixed before I actually start on July 1...so...I can see a tree on the left and a large multistory building off in the distance (it is round); variuos construction items on the street...see students below on the street; I am on the fourth floor. Also, I hurt my left foot pretty badly; sure hope I have not broken it by all the walking I have been doing...finding some boxes with home stuff in them...vcr...art books, bathroom rugs...ok...too much information...so, adios and back to unpacking....maybe---l1, your photos are making me home sick...for the sunny southwest...but I hear it is HOT. See you next week sometime.