Sunday, June 08, 2008

The Count Down

The Dragon Boats can be seen from my balcony...did not see the race but have seen them practicing....about Sunday in Portland: The following discussion is basically all over the place; as you will find out yourself....enjoy. Well the movers will be at my new apartment between 9:00 and 9:30 am...so my life will be changing even more. The first item I have to purchase is a bed...a comfy one! Measured my bedroom and living room and d made a computer drawing of the two rooms and now to try to fit all that I brought into this floor space...went to my new home this morning and it was the first day of SUN AND BLUE SKIES..I feel like I came out from underneath a pretty soft green leaf all week...from my balcony I could see Mt. Hood, the River, all the bikes, kids, Lily pond, flowers and boats...so it will be beautiful each morning; spent about an hour lost between downtown and The Other Side of the River plus lots of closed streets due to the Rose Festival events...thousands of people everywhere...so, where I was reading my map, looking at the GPS and hearing The women's voice try to give me directions plus going over the river; not sure why this is such a big event for me I guess because I never have lived near WATER. So I just let it be "me lost"....and driving around aimlessly. (is that a word?); went to my first UU service this morning--whew that was an event of hundreds...they honored 4 seniors who have graduated from high school; the sermon was about "disappointments and new paths"---change was the theme and it certainly hit home for me right now. I stood up when they asked for "visitors" to stand..the woman next to me said hi...sang a song and it made me cry...for joy. so I will be finding my little niche in this large community after awhile; it will all just take time and patience....missed our little uu. It is a week since I left flag...I have been in between all week but tomorrow that will change due to getting my furniture and boxes...b called this evening and said I was missed at uu; thanks b...spoke with a this afternoon; and l1 left for dc...this is about the first Sunday I did not have my session with L2...8:00 am like clock work...miss her lots...so today was the day of THE SUN COMING OUT. Maybe summer has come to Portland now??!!??? So, good nite charchar....be patient with yourself and be gentle....and be loving...it will all be ok....