Sunday, June 29, 2008

Newport Beach on the Oregon Coast

I was invited to spend the weekend at Newport Beach on the coast in the middle of Oregon...a new friend invited me to go with her and what a sweet person she was to ask me to begin with and then be able to accept my complaints re my feet and then getting a cold...I felt so badly about this but I still had a wonderful time..It was beautiful and the weather was outstanding....cool, breezy, fog, clear skies, and so peaceful. Lots of rest, reading, watching the tube, looking at the beach, seeing new places like the jellyfish at the aquarium and an exhibit which had hand blown glass representing fish, plants, and you could barely tell what was real or not. New food including outstanding crab soup, crab patties, halibut (so tender), new drinks, and wine tasting....and plus went to a craft store that is going out of business so that was great fun....oh I forgot, fresh berries, art galleries...what a treat this was, thank you so very much, r. The pictures are of the bridge at Newport Beach, art deco on top of all of it! A wonderful pre work vacation plus! thanks again. Even saw a famous photographer at Canyon de Chelly in Arizona. Got back to my apartment and it was over 100 degrees inside so it took a long time to get it cool so I could even stand inside. Then a big thunder storm...sorry l re not going to the movie, I know you wanted to; just could not do it tonight. So sad of course to learn about the horrible accident in Flag; prayers for all those who died and have family who were impacted.