Sunday, August 31, 2008

C/B/S: Or "What is Happiness?"

L1 joined me at UU this am...what a treat...it was EXACTLY what I needed to hear for sure....no more complain; blaming; shaming...but "compassion and loving kindness"---had lunch with d,h,l then went home and had a great nap...while it rained outside. then a nice long walk on the river so for today I have 4120 steps and yesterday I had 2000. I am starting to use my pedometer and GET WITH IT. Yes, I have had loss but I also have joy with meeting new people, love from my friends, and 40 students who are looking for leadership re the new BASW program. I don't have to get back to "my ole LARGER self"...walking is something I can do and it does make me feel better; by the way, I actually cooked myself some dinner tonight! baked potato and a steak with lots left over for tomorrow or lunch next week sometime. I can cook and take care of myself...looking at all the musicals and dramas in Portland---having so many choices.