Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Snowboundagainandagain

If you want to know what Portland looks like now...take a look at this site...I went downtown this am on the streetcar....ordel...the walk from the streetcar to my apartment was so hard; icy, slippery, hard..I got back and I was so tired I had to take a nap...I was carrying bags...decided to post phone our play to Friday night..more snow coming tonight..I am so happy we decided to post phone it for a couple of days. it is unreal...PSU closed again today...Portland basically has no snow ploys to do the back streets so everyone is being held hostage in their own homes; at least I have access to public transportation somewhat...at least I now have the book I want to start reading...The Golden Notebook...thanks to l who has been calling me daily to see how I am doing...bought myself some new soft slippers....very cute and WARM. They are a bit different than my regular "conservative" slippers...apparently this is the worst snow storm for 40+ years...what an ordeal this has been.