Monday, December 22, 2008

Say "Really Stupid" with a Smile & Glee

So, my plan was to take the streetcar and go downtown this morning...I didn't. So about 2:00pm I thought--it can't be THAT BAD so I took my car out of the apartment complex garage and after about 1 minute of driving--I GOT STUCK IN THE SNOW. Now how many years did I live in Flag? so it was snowing...no kidding...I was sitting there listening to the music and 2 guys come over and started to push my car back into the driving area toward the open garage..they tried, they tried, they tried...both had tennis shoes on, one had a scarf and one had some gloves...but they ARE BOTH YOUNG. So, after about 20 minutes and not much had happened 2 more guys came along...they had shovels and boots and the four guys pushed my Honda toward the garage door and I MADE IT BACK. So I offered to take out them out for pizza (walking of course) and they all just smiled and went their merry way....so, back to my little abode and watching the snow get deeper in the circle driveway outside of where I live--saw someone cross country sking this afternoon...about 5 went across the way and had dinner at a "happy hour event". So PSU is closed tomorrow too...Before I left the garage this am I did not hear that chains were required on all cars downtown...so say "really stupid" with a tiny smile...please keep it a small smile! At least I have caught up with most of my accrediation writing the last few days...that is a relief. so, hopefully the snow will let us all get out of the house tomorrow..going to see a play tomorrow night with L, H, D. "Christmas Carol" that is.