Saturday, December 20, 2008

Funny Story

So about a week ago I hurt my right wrist/hand and could not grasp at all without pain shooting up my arm...now the story...I bought a fake tree last year and it actually is very sweet with lights and all...well I had packed it in its orginal box (long and square) and I tried all sorts of ways to get the XXX tree out of the box with my hurt hand; pulling, pushing, looking, turning the box over..you name it and I was not making any progress with getting it out; so I stopped and left the box on its side in my living room all week long...(told l and d about it yesterday and we laughted) my hand is better now...so last night I called my friend a in olympia and was telling her my sad silly story...and she said "cut the box off the tree"---and I even have a phd...so we laughed a lot about that---that is so pratical and direct! so I was comparing it to: I left the box on the floor to think about it and find meaning in the experience (qualitative) and she on the other hand had a linear direct approach (quantiative)...so, you just never know what is going to happen...so...this moring I cut off the box and it is standing next to the window twinkling with its white lights...so..the moral of the story is: ask for help from your friends! It is snowing more today....it is all toasty in my little abode. I heard a new term yesterday "agent narrative"; so I guess this story is my agent narrative...it used to be called "telling a story"---