Thursday, April 03, 2008

NAU Retirement Dinner

Talked with NAU benefits this morning and they told me that NAU was holding their retirement party at Forest Highlands...I went with Maria and Bren...it was a wonderful event; saw others from SBS; had an outstanding time; they gave me a present that was a beautiful cherry wood box with a picture of Ole Main on the front and a mirror on the inside and a box area to put stuff; I love it. Everyone is so excited about my new adventure; mixed of course, both sad and happy for me. I basically had a great time in spite of only hearing about it this morning; they had my bio in an insert in the program and it was very nice; Ron Pit forgot to say my name and Bren went over to the BIG table and he then remembered to call me; they announced I was going to Portland State University to be "the chair" of a new social work department" (kinda right but not; so cute); I stood next to President Haegar and a professional photographer took our picture. We had salmon and beef and cheesecake...I gave flowers to several people as my gift to them---a lovey night! Saw Karen Pugelisi, Suzanne Maxwell (she reminded me that I saw her in a park in Portland); Larry Gould and many others. I am really tired but so excited at the same time; Warren my chair sent an email to everyone this afternoon about me retiring...! Had a call from Becky and an email from Karla tonight...I am thrilled about it all...it feels so right now. Thank you HP....