Sunday, October 19, 2008

Portland Art Museum

After UU this morning (Marilyn gave one of the best sermans of what UU is than I have ever heard or read before); I went to the Portland Art Museum and treated myself to lunch at their cute cafe next to the gift shop. Saw photographs from the earliest time re the Columbia Gorge...black and white and stunning. Saw an amazing Native show of beaded handbags/medicine bags...what dazzling colors and close intricate work. Then saw the China show (pottery from over 2000 year ago)...muted pale, green, brown, reddish...these were my favorite of everything....before paper was invented and during their warring period. It is the show just as you enter into the building...I am so happy I made myself go there...then worked at the office for awhile then came home and went to the club....I feel really good that I took care of myself today and had balance (mind, body, spirit). Sleeping better these days too.