Saturday, July 05, 2008

Feeling Much Better

had a very special time with l,d, h at their place yesterday (had dinner with several neighbors) shot off fireworks and just laughed...watched John Adams HBO special with d and l...my first 4th of July in Portland as a resident. Aside from not feeling too well lately it was lovey spending it with my family on the other side of the river; today drove around Portland to get more lay of the land--went westward on new highways...pretty country. Then went to the Blues Festival next door to me for a couple of hours...listen to several artists and loved it all.......so many new people to watch. I called several of my Flag friends yesterday cuz I miss Flag...missed our parade etc. I think I am more vulnerable to sadness right now cuz I have not been feeling well so it will be better....just be patient and go slowly and you will make new friends. Everyone is so welcoming but I still miss Flag.