Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Love Power of Women Friends--a healing force!

"[Women]...are such a source of strength to each other. We nurture one another. And we need to have unpressured space in which we can do the special kind of talk that women do when they're with other women. It's a very healing experience". This quote was obtained from a study of women friendships; instead of "fight or flight" response to stress (men); women create strong bonds with other women....I want to thank all the woman friends I have currently, who have reached out to be via email, phone, letters, personal hugs, etc. My stress is being reduced each day due to these powerful connections to women. I am very grateful for having women friendships; friendship are linked to the scientific premise that we need each other in times of crises. Grief is the active process toward acceptance! For some reason this has happened in my life at this time; I am suppose to learn something from this pain. I look forward to knowing that fairly soon, but that will not happen; it will happen when I am least expecting it...a butterfly will land on my shoulder when I am looking the other way. I reached out to friends today and they were there to listen to me. Thank you!